Since the fall of 1999, Rensselaer's Mobile Computing Program (MCP) has partnered with top manufacturers to fully support students' computing needs and help enable and ensure their academic success.
Though optional, the Mobile Computing Program is a great way to meet Rensselaer’s undergraduate laptop requirement. Program participants receive an enterprise-grade laptop pre-configured for Rensselaer, as well as top of the line warranties, and comprehensive on-campus support services. In addition, our partnership with suppliers also allows the Program to offer each laptop package at an extremely competative price.
This year's Program participants will receive:
- A professional, state-of-the-art laptop well suited for the Rensselaer experience
- Pre-installed and configured software
- Four-year international manufacturer's warranty with accidental damage protection
- On-campus help desk support
- On-campus certified hardware repair services
- Free loaner laptops during repairs and service
- A customized backpack and locking security cable
- No sales tax on their purchase
We think once you consider everything you get along with your choice of laptop, you’ll agree that the Mobile Computing package is an excellent value!