Since it began in the fall of 1999, Rensselaer's Mobile Computing Program (MCP) has partnered with laptop vendors to fully support students' computing needs and help enable and ensure their academic success.
Though optional, the Mobile Computing Program is a great way to meet Rensselaer’s undergraduate laptop requirement, and it does so by offering a complete computing package. Program participants receive an enterprise-grade laptop with pre-installed software, as well as multiple on-campus support services, and Mobile Computing's partnership with the vendors also allows the Program to offer each laptop package at a substantially discounted price.
This year's Program participants will receive:
- A professional, state-of-the-art laptop well suited for the Rensselaer experience
- Pre-installed and configured software
- Four-year international manufacturer's warranty with accidental damage protection
- On-campus help desk support
- On-campus certified hardware repair services
- Free loaner laptops during repairs and service
- A customized backpack and locking security cable
- No sales tax on their purchase
We think once you consider everything you get along with your choice of laptop, you’ll agree that the Mobile Computing package is an excellent value!
Please note that all matriculated RPI students -- and not just undergraduates -- may participate in the Mobile Computing Program. However, laptops are distributed on the Troy campus only.