Required Documents

Text Block

I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification Information

Students are required to complete an online Form I-9 on or before their first day of employment. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Rensselaer must verify a student's eligibility to work in the United States with an I-9 form. You must present original unexpired documents such as a U.S. Passport or a driver's license and social security card to a certified representative in the department you will be working for and complete Section 1 of the form on or before your first day of work. Students are encouraged to complete the Form I-9 as early in the job search process as possible. Completion of this form generally is required only for your first job on campus. Once the form is completed online and identity documents are verified by a student liaison the student will be issued a student employment card. This card should be shown to the student's supervisor prior to the first day of actual work.

Text Block

W-4 - Federal Withholding Allowance

Form W-4 needs to be completed so that Rensselaer can withhold the correct federal income tax from your pay. Consider completing a new Form W-4 each year and/or when your personal or financial situation changes.

Rensselaer Self-Service Information System W-4 Tax Form Instructions

Text Block

IT-2104/IT-2104-E - State Withholding Allowance

Form IT-2104, is completed by an employee and given to the employer to instruct the employer how much New York State (and New York City and Yonkers) tax to withhold from the employee's pay. The more allowances claimed, the lower the amount of tax withheld. Form IT-2104-E should be completed annually if you qualify to claim exempt from paying New York State tax. Please note that only one of these forms need to be completed. 

Rensselaer Self-Service Information System NY State Tax Form Instructions

Text Block

Student Employment Card

All student workers must have a valid Student Employment Card. Cards for foreign nationals are issued either by the student employment liaison if an I-9 is already on file or by Payroll/Student Employment if an I-9 needs to be completed. Cards for U.S citizens/Permanent residents are issued by program student employment liaisons or student employment.