- A valid receipt or packing slip is required for all refunds or exchanges. Shipping and handling fees are not refundable.
Course Materials (Textbooks and related Supplies)
- A full refund will be given for purchased and/or rented textbooks within seven (7) calendar days from the start of classes.
- After the first seven (7) days from the start of classes, refunds must be performed within two (2) days of transaction.
- Digital access code refunds are dependent on the type of product purchased and can vary by publisher.
- Code on Cardboard (eBook or Courseware): Physical access cards purchased in store are fully returnable within seven (7) calendar days from the start of classes or within two (2) days thereafter. For return eligibility, the code cannot be scratched off or activated.
- eBooks: Purchases of eBooks are generally refundable within 14 days of the first day of access, or thirty (30) days after the purchase is made, whichever occurs first. However, no refund is possible if more than 10% of the product has been viewed and/or if any page(s) of the product has been printed.
- Courseware – Access Code / Courseware purchases are refundable within fourteen (14) days after the purchase is made.
- Textbooks purchased/rented after the eighth week of classes are not eligible for return and may be sold back under the textbook buyback policy.
Clothing, Gifts, and Supplies
Clothing and gifts in original (unworn and unused with tags or labels intact and affixed) condition returned within thirty (30) days of purchase may be exchanged or refunded to the original form of tender.
All sales are final on clearance clothing and gift items.
Graduation Regalia (cap & gown) must be in new condition and will not be returnable if worn or altered in any way. Product must be unused in order to receive a refund. The last day for a full refund is 30 days after the purchase date on your reciept/packing slip or two (2) days prior to the Commencement Ceremony (whichever is sooner).
Other General Merchandise
General merchandise including reading books and convenience products in original (unopened and unused with tags or labels intact and affixed) condition returned within thirty (30) days of purchase may be exchanged or refunded to the original form of tender.
Computer Hardware and Software
Unopened software and hardware may be returned within fourteen (14) calendar days of purchase with the original receipt. Opened software and hardware packages are not returnable.
Defective software and hardware is returnable within five (5) calendar days of purchase. Software will be exchanged for the same product only; defective hardware products will be replaced or repaired in accordance with the manufacturer's warranty.
Two Ways to Return Merchandise
- Must be during normal hours of operation.
- Bring your receipt/packing slip to the store with the product(s) you would like to return.
- Include a copy of your confirmation email or order details with your securely packaged return. If you don’t have this information, include a note with your name, email address, phone number, and order number. Your refund could be delayed if we can’t identify the original purchase details.
- Return shipping is at your expense. We’re not liable for lost or damaged packages. Please use a traceable, insured method of shipping when returning your item(s).
- Hold on to your tracking information and shipping receipt until you get your refund.
- Send your returns to:
- Rensselaer Collegiate Store
- Rensselaer Union
- 110 8th Street
- Troy, NY 12180