Rensselaer educates the leaders of tomorrow for technologically based careers. We celebrate discovery and the responsible application of technology to create knowledge and global prosperity.
- Percentage of students in top 10% of high school class: 55%
- SAT 25th Percentile Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 620
- SAT 25th Percentile Math: 680
- SAT 75th Percentile Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 720
- SAT 75th Percentile Math: 780
- First Year Retention Rate: 91% for Class that started in the fall of 2020
Room and Board: $16,379
Books, Personal, and Supplies: $2,858
In addition, all students are required to have a laptop for their course work. Students may purchase one from Rensselaer at an approximate cost of $1,200.
Fees & Insurance: $1,426
Estimated Living Expenses: $16,379
Books and Supplies: $2,858
Part-time tuition for Troy-based graduate students: $2,320 per credit hour
Part-time tuition for Hartford-based graduate students: $1,850 per credit hour
Our faculty members include National Science Foundation Presidential Faculty Fellows, members of the National Academy of Engineering, the National Academy of Sciences, and other eminent professional organizations. Rensselaer’s distinguished faculty members work directly with students—doing research, solving problems, teaching, and interacting. Many of our professors have close ties with top global corporations and organizations.
Full-time equivalent faculty: 449
Student/Faculty ratio: 14:1