The Office of Undergraduate Education is accepting URP applications for the fall 2023 semester through September 11th, 2023. Undergraduate students may pursue research for academic credit or as a paid URP assistant working in the labs of world-leading Rensselaer faculty researchers during the academic year.
- Identify an advisor and a project.
- Complete the appropriate application:
- URP Applications requesting funding: Students should complete the URP Application for Funding and obtain the required signatures. Completed applications should be emailed to the appropriate URP Coordinator. Email confirmation from the faculty research supervisor in lieu of a signature on the form will be accepted.
- URP Applications requesting credit: Complete the 4UR Form and submit via the Registrar’s website under Registrar Requests. How to Submit a 4UR Form. Please be sure to CC your department's URP Coordinator.
- Complete Lab Safety training: ALL students participating in the URP program are required to complete lab safety training before beginning their research work.
Please, click here for more information about eligibility and how to participate.