Welcome to the COVID-19 page for ISSS!
Here is where you can find information from ISSS regarding office changes due to COVID-19, institutional information about COVID-19, and the impact of COVID-19 on your immigration status.
This page was lasted updated on: August 18, 2021
ISSS will be available for limited in-person services starting August 16, 2021.
Please expand each section below to view information by selecting the + sign.
For general questions, such as the process to get a travel signature or what forms to submit for a request, you can ask Kaylyn Getwright, the ISSS Operations Specialist.
- She is available in her WebEx room from 10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., Monday to Friday: https://rensselaer.webex.com/meet/getwrk
You can contact ISSS via email or phone for general questions.
- Email: ISSSoffice@rpi.edu
- We aim to reply to all messages within 1-3 business days.
- Phone: +1-518-276-4966
Advising will continue virtually by appointment only (students can book the same day if an advisor is available).
- Schedule an appointment here: https://bit.ly/meetwithISSS
- For case-specific questions, you must schedule a Virtual Advising session
Documents can be dropped off and/or picked up at ISSS (1528 15th St) during the times below:
- Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Thursdays from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- We are not open for walk-ins at any other time.
ISSS will continue to accept documents and questions via email at ISSSoffice@rpi.edu.
Documents should be scanned by a scanner or mobile app and be clear and easy to read. For some free mobile scanning apps, see this Wirecutter article: https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-mobile-scanning-apps/
All information from Rensselaer regarding COVID-19 is available here: covid19.rpi.edu. This is a way to remain informed about campus-wide decisions and information.
April 29, 2021: SEVP Guidance & Travel Restriction Updates
- Message to current students: https://rpi.box.com/v/cont-guidance-SP21-04292021
- Message to incoming students: https://mailchi.mp/7b8a219b9364/isss-sevp-guidance-travel-restriction-updates
March 03, 2021: Immigration Reminder Message
- Message to current students: https://rpi.box.com/v/reminder-message-2021-03-03
December 15, 2020: Update to Spring SEVP Guidance
- Message to current students: https://rpi.box.com/v/cont-guidance-SP21-12152020
- Message to incoming students: https://mailchi.mp/28b87669ee2f/sp21-incoming-guidance-update
- Message to readmitted students: https://rpi.box.com/v/readmit-guidance-SP21-12152020
- Message to Change of Level students: https://rpi.box.com/v/COL-guidance-SP21-12152020
Recordings of the ISSS Town Halls are available below:
- June 3, 2021 - Town Hall for Incoming Students: This event was not recorded.
- June 8, 2021 - Town Hall for Continuing Students: https://rpi.box.com/v/townhall-cont-06082021
- August 5, 2021 - Town Hall for Incoming Students: https://rpi.box.com/v/townhall-initial-08052021
- August 10, 2021 - Town Hall for Continuing Students: https://rpi.box.com/v/townhall-cont-08102021
- August 12, 2021 - Question and Answer with Chinese Families: Recording coming soon!
- Transcript of Question and Answers: https://rpi.box.com/v/questiontranscript-08122021