ISSS is working remotely for Summer 2021.
- To meet with an advisor, please see our COVID-19 Services section for details, as our appointment system is down effective May 18th
- To learn about ISSS services, please see the ISSS COVID-19 Information section.
The office of International Services for Students and Scholars (ISSS) offers a variety of programs and services for our international community of approximately 1,800 students and scholars. Our goal is to enhance the educational and personal experience of the international community and to assist students and scholars as they navigate through academic life in the United States.
The primary visa classifications served by ISSS are:
- F-1 status (Students)
- F-2 status (Dependent of F-1)
- J-1 status (Research Scholar, Professor, Short-Term Scholar, Student, College/University)
- J-2 status (Dependent of J-1)
Please see the links on the right to navigate through our website.
This page was last updated on: June 03, 2021.
The information contained in this web site is provided as a service to the international students, faculty, staff, employees and administrators of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and does not constitute legal advice on immigration, taxes or other matters. Furthermore, due to the fluid nature of governmental interpretation, the United States Customs and Immigration Services (USCIS) may change its interpretation of immigration laws/regulations at any time. Neither Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, nor the office of International Services for Students and Scholars, is responsible for any errors or omissions contained in this website, or for the results obtained from the use of this information.