*PLEASE NOTE: Public Safety manages all building access -if you have a problem accessing any building with your ID card, please contact them directly https://publicsafety.rpi.edu/
New Graduate Students:
For those Graduate students who will be in person on campus for the Fall 2020 term, there are 2 steps to obtain your ID card. First, you must submit your ID photo by clicking the New Students/Employee link on the right. Second step is to submit a ID Card form request for New Student or Employee. After processing time of up to two business days, you can email email@example.com to coordinate you ID pickup.
Please note: For students in an Accelerated Program (ie., Co-Term), your current ID is still usable. If you want to change the Category of your ID from 'Undergraduate' to 'Graduate', please click on ID Cards on the right and select the ID Category Change Request Form.
New Undergraduate Students:
ID photo's must be submitted asap - click on 'New Student/Employee' on the right to submit your ID photo. Your printed ID card will be given to Residence Life within 2 business days after your ID photo has been successfully submitted. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate obtaining your ID once you have completed your photo submission.
Information for students, faculty and staff
The Card Ofiice is virtual and all requests must be submitted using a form request - please click on Campus Access Card on the right hand side on this page and select the form that fits your needs.
* Please note that if you have never had any type of Rensselaer ID card, there are 2 steps to be completed: first upload your ID photo and second submit a New Student or Employee ID Card form request. Please click on New Student/Employee to get started.
The Campus Card is the official Rensselaer ID card and is an important aspect of daily campus life. Members of the campus community must carry their Campus Card at all times and be prepared to present their Card at the request of any campus official. Use of the Campus Card is governed by the Campus Card Terms & Conditions Agreement.
Where and how to use the Campus Card
- Gain access to residence halls, various classrooms and labs, and athletic facilities -all building access is managed by Public Safety https://publicsafety.rpi.edu/
- Check out library materials.
- Gain access to the dining halls and your meal plan funds (For any questions regarding Meal Plans write to Auxiliary Services)
- Make purchases for goods and services wherever Flex Dollars or Rensselaer Advantage Dollars are accepted, such as dining halls, Student Union dining, Campus Cafés, Houston Field House concessions, campus vending machines, Panera ® and Moe’s ® Southwest Grill.
- Ride the CDTA (Capital District Transportation Authority) bus for free.
What to do with your Campus ID Card - Leaving Rensselaer/Separations
If you are leaving Rensselaer, you are asked to return your Campus ID Card to our office via interoffice mail so that you will not be charged for a replacement ID should you return to Rensselaer in any capacity. All managers should return ID cards to our office via interoffice mail.