*Public Safety manages all building access: please contact https://publicsafety.rpi.edu/
Please click on Campus Access Card on the right hand side on this page and select the form that fits your needs. All forms are processed within 1-2 business days.
For ALL new to Rensselaer Students & Employees (never had any type of ID before):
* Please note that you must complete both steps:
1) upload your ID photo - Please click on New Student/Employee (RED BOX) to get started.
2) Submit a New Student/Employee ID Card form request - click this link (Campus ID Request Form | Webforms (rpi.edu). This form triggers the notice to us to search for your photo.
Please note: If you are an incoming freshman you only need to submit a photo, you don't need to complete the form. We have you on the freshman list. Your card will be processed and you can pick it up at the August check in process (no sooner).
It is important that you submit your photo by July 30, 2022to avoid paying a $25 card fee.
The Campus Card is the official Rensselaer ID card and is an important aspect of daily campus life. Members of the campus community must carry their Campus Card at all times and be prepared to present their Card at the request of any campus official. Use of the Campus Card is governed by the Campus Card Terms & Conditions Agreement.
Where and how to use the Campus Card
- Gain access to residence halls, various classrooms and labs, and athletic facilities -all building access is managed by Public Safety https://publicsafety.rpi.edu/
- Check out library materials.
- Gain access to the dining halls and your meal plan funds (For any questions regarding Meal Plans write to Auxiliary Services)
- Make purchases for goods and services wherever Flex Dollars or Rensselaer Advantage Dollars are accepted, such as dining halls, Student Union dining, Campus Cafés, Houston Field House concessions, campus vending machines, Panera ® and Moe’s ® Southwest Grill.
- Ride the CDTA (Capital District Transportation Authority) bus for free.
What to do with your Campus ID Card - Leaving Rensselaer/Separations
If you are leaving Rensselaer, you are asked to return your Campus ID Card to our office via interoffice mail so that you will not be charged for a replacement ID should you return to Rensselaer in any capacity. All managers should return ID cards to our office via interoffice mail.