Campus Card

*PLEASE NOTE:  Public Safety manages all building access -if you have a problem accessing any building with your ID card, please contact them directly

Please note that there is no Campus Card in-person office- all requests must be submitted using a form request. Please click on Campus Access Card on the right hand side on this page and select the form that fits your needs.

For ALL New Undergraduate and Graduate Students:

  • Click on the 'New to Rensselaer'  link and ONLY complete STEP 1: Upload your photo- do NOT perform Step 2

For ALL new Employees ONLY:

* Please note that if you have never had any type of Rensselaer ID card, there are 2 steps to be completed: 

  1. upload your ID photo
  2. submit a New Employee ID Card form request. 

 Please click on New Student/Employee to get started.


The Campus Card is the official Rensselaer ID card and is an important aspect of daily campus life.  Members of the campus community must carry their Campus Card at all times and be prepared to present their Card at the request of any campus official.  Use of the Campus Card is governed by the Campus Card Terms & Conditions Agreement.

Where and how to use the Campus Card

  • Gain access to residence halls, various classrooms and labs, and athletic facilities -all building access is managed by Public Safety 
  • Check out library materials.
  • Gain access to the dining halls and your meal plan funds (For any questions regarding Meal Plans write to Auxiliary Services)
  • Make purchases for goods and services wherever Flex Dollars or Rensselaer Advantage Dollars are accepted, such as dining halls, Student Union dining, Campus Cafés, Houston Field House concessions, campus vending machines, Panera ® and Moe’s ® Southwest Grill.
  • Ride the CDTA (Capital District Transportation Authority) bus for free.

What to do with your Campus ID Card - Leaving Rensselaer/Separations

If you are leaving Rensselaer, you are asked to return your Campus ID Card to our office via interoffice mail so that you will not be charged for a replacement ID should you return to Rensselaer in any capacity.  All managers should return ID cards to our office via interoffice mail.