Once you have your RCS ID (this is your Rensselaer email without the '@rpi.edu') and password, you can submit your photo.
There are 2 steps to obtain your ID card:
1. Once you click on the New to Rensselaer-Submit Campus Card Photo button on the right hand side of this page, you will be prompted to login using your RCS ID and password.
From there, click on the Profile tab and then the 'Click to submit new photo' link keeping in mind the following photo requirements:
- Submit only photos that would qualify for a driver’s license or passport photo.
- Your color photo should be a head shot cropped from just above the top of the head down to the collarbone.
- Your photo must be taken against a plain, white colored background such as a blank wall. There should be no furniture, scenery or other distractions behind you, and no special effects added. Indoor photos are best.
- The photo should be new to reflect your current appearance.
- Face forward and look at the camera. Your eyes must be open and visible. Use a straight face or smile.
- Your photo must be in focus, with sufficient lighting to ensure that you are clearly visible.
- You must appear in normal street attire, without a hat or sunglasses. Head covering is allowed only if you wear it daily for religious purposes.
- Photo must be of you, the cardholder, only (no family, friends, animals, or objects).
The Campus Card office will review your photo, and you will be notified at your Rensselaer email address if it is approved or denied. Please be sure to review the photo requirements before for submitting your photo.
2. PERFORM THIS STEP for EMPLOYEES ONLY: You must submit a ID Card request -click on "ID Cards" on the right hand side and submit a New Student/New Employee request form.